Keto Taco Casserole
Delicious and filling, this adapted Mexican dish can easily be made ahead of time and baked before guests arrive. Just allow 45 minutes in the oven if baking out of the fridge. This meal is equally satisfying for those that follow a keto lifestyle and those that don't.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and zucchini and cook until onions are slightly translucent and zucchini is slightly softened about 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Brown meat until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat and return mixture to pan.
- Sprinkle in taco seasoning and jalapeño reduce heat to medium-low and cook, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and stir in the meat mixture.
- Spread mixture into lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Top with cheese, olives, and remaining jalapenos.
- Bake on the middle rack until eggs set and cheese bubbles, about 25 minutes.
- Slice and garnish servings with cilantro, a scoop of sour cream, a side of shredded lettuce and a quartered lime.