Kitchen Supply 14-Inch x 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle
A pizza peel is a tool used to slide loaves of bread, pizzas, pastries, and other baked goods into and out of an oven or on and off the grill. Designed with a flat, metal working/carrying surface (like a large spatula blade) for holding the baked good and a wood handle extending from one side of that surface.
- Aluminum Head with a Wooden Handle
- Made in the USA
- Transfer pizzas, breads, and pastries into an oven where transferring them directly by hand could deform their delicate structure
- Peels allow food to be placed further back in an oven than could normally be reached by the baker
Dimensions: Blade 14" W x 16" L, Handle 12" L
If you're using a pizza stone or an outdoor brick oven, you'll need a metal pizza peel. Here's how to use one:
1. Preheat your oven and pizza stone or outdoor brick oven according to the instructions.
2. Prior to use, peels are sprinkled with flour, cornmeal, or milled wheat bran to allow baked goods to easily slide off
3. Place your dough on the pizza peel, and quickly top with sauce and toppings.
4. Use the pizza peel to transfer the pizza to the hot stone or oven.
5. Bake according to the instructions.
6. Use the pizza peel to remove the pizza from the oven. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
With a little practice, you'll be making pizzas like a pro in no time!